1000 Shiitake Mushrooms Plugs (Lentinus edodes) are not only delectable, but they are also good for you. Shiitake Mushrooms contain all the necessary amino acids that are needed in our diet. Shiitake is higher in amino acids than peanuts, soybeans, corn and kidney beans. Mushrooms are also a important source of vegetable proteins, iron, fiber, minerals and vitamins.
- Easiest to Cultivate! from plugs.
- Time from inoculation to fruiting: Varies from 6 months to 2 years.
- Temperature requirements for fruiting: ranges between 41 to 86 degrees
- Organic Mushroom Spawn used to seed these plugs is Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International (QAI).
- Approximately 100 plugs are needed to inoculate 3 – 4 logs.